28 day returns
What is your return policy?
Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Kmart will offer you an exchange voucher or refund provided that:
- You return the item within 28 days of purchase;
- You produce your original Kmart register receipt at the time you return the item or other adequate proof of purchase;
- The item is in re-saleable condition including that:
- The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see below).
- It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories;
- It is unworn, unopened, unused and in its original condition;
- In the case of computer games, CDs and DVDs the original security seal or shrink wrap is intact; and
If these requirements are not satisfied Kmart reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher or refund for change of mind returns.
Goods on which a change of mind return is not available
Kmart will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Printer cartridges
- Personalised printed material (for example, and not limited to, photos, canvas, mugs, calendars, etc.)
- Bedding accessories (for example, mattress and pillow protectors)
- Gift cards
These products can still be returned if they are faulty, not fit for purpose or do not match the sample or description.
Kmart will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality; or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your Kmart register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
Kmart may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. Kmart reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music and video) may be lost during the repair process of electrical and electronic products. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all personal data is deleted before return to Kmart.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Claims for compensation or reasonable expenses incurred in returning your purchase together with supporting evidence, should be addressed to our Kmart Customer Service team using the ‘Contact us’ option on the Kmart website (www.kmart.com.au).
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
When returning a product, you will be asked for information that is relevant to your return, or to satisfy legislative requirements. If you do not provide this information, then we may be unable to process your return. When returning a product with adequate proof of purchase, you will be asked for your signature as authorisation of the return transaction. If Kmart agrees to the return without adequate proof of purchase, you will be asked to provide photo identification containing your full name, signature and expiration date, so that your name and signature can be verified. This information may be accessed by authorised Kmart team members for fraud investigations and fraud protection activities. Information collected on returns slips will be securely stored for a reasonable period of time and may be used for the purposes of research and analysis and may be disclosed to Government departments upon request as required by law. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125.
Kmart reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair; exchange or refund being refused.
- Your original Kmart register receipt is the best form of proof of purchase, however you may provide a clear photo of the full Kmart register receipt, which must include the barcode.
- Other adequate proof of purchase that is acceptable is:
- However, when the proof of purchase does not clearly itemise the faulty goods, more than one type of proof of purchase may be required.
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method.
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- for online orders, an order number or the invoice details, which is provided in the confirmation email for the order;
- a credit card statement; or
- a bank statement.
Your nearest Kmart
If you live a long way from your nearest Kmart store, we recommend contacting Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125 for assistance prior to travelling to Kmart to return your item. Remember also, when returning items in accordance with Kmart’s Return Policy you don’t need to return to the store of purchase, you can attend any Kmart store.
How to return a product ordered on Kmart Online
Products ordered at Kmart Online can be returned to any of our stores. You will need your tax invoice (email receipt) as information on this is needed as proof of purchase. For change of mind on returns or exchanges, the delivery fee is non-refundable.