Christmas Dinner Styling! 5 Top Tips
Posted on November 10, 2015
If all the tinsel and trimmings have you in a festive frazzle, try these easy Christmas dinner styling tips to wow your family and friends.
1. Choose A Theme!Will you go for a traditional theme with all the trimmings, from holly sprigs to carved roast turkey, Christmas pudding and custard? How about an outdoors Australiana BBQ complete with a filled Esky and summer fresh salads? Or perhaps a contemporary theme that’s minimalistic, sophisticated and oozing with style, fresh prawns and decadent desserts? Choosing a theme will unify your Christmas table and set the mood for the celebrations.
2. Pick Your ColoursFor a traditional feel, a red and green holly theme work perfectly. For beachside celebrations, yellow, silver and blue make a great tribute to our sun, surf and sand. Outdoors BBQs work great with everything from rustic colours to galvanized silvers. For a sophisticated theme, go simple with white and gold or silver and white, and natural woods. Sprinkle colour accents throughout, such as green foliage in vases or a native leaf placed on cutlery sets.
3. Set The TableIf you’re having a traditional Christmas lunch with three courses, set places with full cutlery and dinnerware – the perfect visual appetizer for guests and a hint of the feast to come! Add all the traditional trimmings with a carved roast turkey and gravy boat in the centre. Place special toasting glasses, personalised place cards, a bon bon for each guest and napkins for the ultimate celebratory Christmas experience.
4. Get DecorativeFor an extra festive feel, pull out all the stops with decorative touches. A mix of candles in different sizes and shapes will add dimension and ambience. Pom poms, bon bons, tinsel and tassels add an instant festive feel and make jolly table decorations. Personalise your napkin holders by adding a sprig of holly, a native gum leaf, tassels and flowers, or simply tie napkins with coloured ribbon.
5. Take Shortcuts!Enjoying your Christmas dinner with your family and friends is where all the festive magic and memories happen, so take shortcuts wherever you can! Use dishwasher safe dinner sets to clear the table fast between courses. Microwave safe dinner sets are great for ensuring your gravy and other pre-made foods will be served piping hot!
Please note: The products featured in this story are available to purchase in store from 12 November – 25 November 2015.
Copyright Kmart 2017