8 hacks to make your move painless
Posted on Thursday 1st March, 2018
There’s no escaping it, moving’s a pain. But these simple and ingenious ideas can help you save time, money and precious space.
1. Protect your crockery by placing disposable
plates between each plate.
2. Moving is the perfect time to start storing your seasonal/holiday items in plastic bins. That way, once you’re moved in, you can simply transfer the plastic bins to your closet without having to unpack everything.
3. When you’re moving out, you don’t want to leave scuff marks on hardwood floors. Simply cut a hole in a tennis ball, stick the ball on the end of a broom, and rub the scuff mark until it disappears.
4. Removing any dents in carpet left behind by furniture is easy. Simply place ice cubes on the dents and let them melt, then use a spoon to lift the fibres.
5. Colour code your moving boxes by room. Using coloured packing tape is an easy way to keep track of which boxes belong to which room.
6. Ever tried lifting a box full of books? It’s heavy! Pack all your books in suitcases with wheels and you can easily roll them into the removalist van.
7. There’s no way you can unpack everything as soon as you move in. So pack the things you’ll need for your first night in a clear storage bin so you can easily locate them. Fill it with phone chargers, eating utensils, rubbish bags and toilet paper and it’ll make your first night hassle-free.
8. Space is at a premium when you’re moving. Investing in Space Bags is a clever way to maximise storage space and minimise the number of moving boxes you’ll need.
Copyright Kmart 2017